Saturday, March 8, 2008

Random - Easter Shopping


When I was a child, one of my favorite times of the year was Easter...primarily because I got new clothes and a basket full of candy.
I remember one year though that the shopping wasn't any fun. I was 11 years old...the age where I wanted to look a little more "grown up" and my grandma had offered to buy my sister and I outfits this year. I was a skinny girl and my parents strictly regulated that I wore sleeves which meant sun dresses were out. We had a difficult time finding anything and finally settled on an outfit that I hated! It was a crisp white shirt with a pilgrim styled collar edged with tiny yellow flowers and a long yellow skirt...it was full and gathered at the waist. I never wore it again after that Easter Sunday.
Now - as a parent I want to make sure my investments are going to "pay off"....even if it means my 7 yr old daughter picks out something I wouldn't have preferred....if she loves it - she will wear it again!
This year we ended up at Old Navy and left with the whole ensemble: a cute fushia dress, sandals and a matching purse....all for less than $35...we're both happy!


2 comments:

Courtney said...

That's a cute pic!!

Whitney said...

That's cool that Ryan likes Mr. Rogers! I'm glad they're still playing the re-runs. Hope you guys have a great Easter!