Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Inspiration - Margins

"Margins" - An idea that I know I need to apply to my life. It would be safe to say that I'm a multi-tasker. The past couple of years I almost thrived on the idea I that I could accomplish more things in less time...or at the same time. So with 2008 - I'm starting fresh, slowing down, and trying to create "margins" in my life. Me - the person who even tried to shrink the tangible margins of a brochure or flyer - to fit the most possible information on the page. This is a challenge but one that I feel like will pay off if I can accomplish it.
I caught Joyce Meyers on TV a little over a week ago and her guest was talking about time margins. If you don't have a few minutes between your scheduled out day then it causes stress when everything doesn't play out perfectly....and as we all know...usually there is an extra long red light when you're in a hurry.
Then on Sunday, Pastor Craig was ministering and mentioned the value of having financial margins. I thought "Wow that word again"
How can we truely be cheerful givers if we don't have margins...if all we take in is spent before we even get it?? How can we walk in love as Christians if every minute we have is scheduled...we can't be patient...we won't have time to listen and care for others the way Christ has called us to.
What other places in our lives should we have margins? I will be thinking on these things...until next time...
my recommendation for today is: create some margins in your life.

No comments: